Interview: Bronte Bird



Hey guys,
today I've got an interview with the YouTube singer/songwriter Bronte Bird for you.

I have been watching her videos for years now and somehow just recently got the idea to ask her for an interview. 

She's been uploading covers as well as original songs on her YouTube channel for about three years now and has gotten herself a total of around 11,700 subscribers.

Learn more about this incredibly talented and lovely girl in the interview:


house in the sand: How did you decide to start uploading videos on YouTube?

Bronte: It was around the time the first Camp Rock movie came out; I heard "This Is Me" and I was so enchanted by the song that I decided I wanted to sing it to the world. And Youtube was the opportune chance to do just that, so I began with that song, and it just took off from there.


house in the sand: For how long have you been writing your own songs? What and who inspires you to write?

Bronte: I've been writing songs for about three years now, which is also how long I've been playing guitar. Mostly, I'm inspired by works of fiction; books, movies, anything that paints a vivid picture. And my own experiences and emotions are often weaved into it as well.


house in the sand: You play the guitar, but is there any other instrument you play as well?
And do you still remember the first song you learned to play? If so, please tell us which one it was!

Bronte: Guitar and voice are my main instruments. The first song I ever learned to play was "Makeup Smeared Eyes" by Juliet Sims!


house in the sand: Out of all videos you've uploaded so far, which one is your favorite?

Bronte: Of all my videos, my favorite would have to be... My live acoustic of "Crash and Burn". That was the first time I recorded one of my own songs in the same style I record covers, and the reactions were great!
So I'm quite proud of that one. "Mean" was a close second though.


house in the sand: So you're promoting your single "Crash and Burn" right now. It's such a great song!
How did you come up with it?
Bronte: Thank you! Let's see... It was a sunny Saturday morning when I got the idea, but the lyrics I initially wrote changed completely. I ended up writing about, well, not necessarily one person in particular, but an attitude that I've seen in a lot of people. I basically opened up and wrote how I felt about it all, and I'm glad people can relate.


house in the sand: If you could sing with any musician in the world - who would it be?
Bronte: Umm... That's a hard question! Justin Timberlake, I think. Every now and then you can still hear old N'Sync songs blasting from my room.


house in the sand: What are your hopes and plans for the future?

Bronte: In a word, "travel". I want my music to reach more ears, so as I promote the music I've released these last two years, I'll also be writing and recording new material as well. I'm still new to the music scene, but even in this short time, I've grown as an artist and a person, so I want everyone to see that!


house in the sand: Please complete the following sentence: I am Bronte Bird and I ...

Bronte: ... hope you've enjoyed reading about me!


house in the sand: Is there anything else you'd like the house in the sand readers to know?

Bronte: Just that my new single, "Crash and Burn" is available on iTunes, so go check it out!


house in the sand: Thank you so much for answering the questions, Bronte! I can't wait to watch more of your videos and see what the future has planned for you!

Bronte: Thank you so much, this was fun!


So now that you know something about Bronte I decided to show you some of my favorite videos:



Get Bronte's single "Crash and Burn" on iTunes:
(click picture)



Links:


Hope you enjoyed! :)


Vanessa x
twitter | facebook | bloglovin


__________________________
images: Bronte Bird Facebook

1 comment:

  1. sooooooooooooooo cooooooooooooooooooooooool

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! :)