Concert Impressions: The Arkanes

 photo CP6_zps50d1f9ba.jpg

Hey guys,

yesterday I was part of the most chaotic interview ever, a brilliant rock show and some other fun adventures.
In other words - I met up with The Arkanes.

For those of you who don't know them, The Arkanes are a rock band from Liverpool, UK consisting of Chris Pate (lead vocals, guitar), Dylan Cassin (lead guitar, backing vocals), Lee Dummett (bass, backing vocals) and Andy Long (drums).

They supported Monster Truck on the German leg of their tour and played at Kellerklub Stuttgart. Of course we had to met up for an interview which will be online as soon as I'm done cutting and editing. (Might take a few days, weeks, years)

But I'm already able to share some photographs I took at the gig. Oh and a video I filmed.
Enjoy!


 photo DCCP_zpse896462a.jpg

 photo CP2_zpsb67094bf.jpg

 photo DC_zpsb16dc778.jpg


 photo AL_zps31e77c5c.jpg

 photo LD_zps37bbe4e2.jpg

 photo DC4_zpse386714f.jpg

 photo CP7_zps83c05792.jpg

 photo DC2_zps4f0579d8.jpg

  Their stage performance could be described as expressive, passionate and energetic.
That's what got me when I first saw them two years ago - you just can't stand still when they're performing. (Unless you have to because you're filming. It's a pain.)

 photo AL2_zpsaf922f46.jpg

 photo LD3_zps230bcdee.jpg

If you're a fan of handmade rock music with burning riffs, lyrics sung by an expressive voice and brilliant beats, then do yourself a favour and check out The Arkanes properly.

They've got an album coming out on April 25th called "W.A.R" so head over to iTunes or amazon and pre-order it.
My hunch tells me it's going to be one of the best albums you've heard this year.

 photo LD2_zps7491a3c1.jpg  photo CP9_zpsc955c9fb.jpg

 photo AL3_zpsf18f821d.jpg

 photo DC3_zps776e263f.jpg

Alright, did I get you curious how they sound? Good!
Here's a video mash-up from the gig. Please excuse the sound.
(Watch in HD)


Make sure to check them out if you haven't yet and please come back to see the interview within the next few days. It's a blast!

HEAD HERE FOR A FREE SONG!
The Arkanes online: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

And at this point I'd like to thank the Chris, Andy, Lee, Dylan and Brophy for absolutely spoiling me, I definitely had a great time. Keep those polaroids safe!

Alright alright, thanks everybody for reading/watching. I hope you enjoyed! :)




Credits // Text, Photography & Video: Vanessa Jertschewske

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)