Video Interview: Jamie Lawson



Hey guys!

 Whenever I go to a gig I check out who's supporting the artist/the band.
Within four years of regurlarly going to concerts I've only seen three support acts I did not enjoy.

In fact most of the other supports became some of my favourites. (Hi The Arkanes, Jim Kroft, Martin and James, Dan Dietrich!)

Ed Sheeran, whom I photographed on Saturday, took two support acts with him. One of them was Jamie Lawson whose sound I instantly liked. So of course I had to learn more about him - and what's better than an interview for that?

Jamie Lawson is a singer/songwriter from England. He got his first guitar at the age of 8 years, started songwriting in his teenage years and slowly but surely made himself a name. With the help of YouTube his song "Wasn't Expecting That" climbed to the number one spot in the iTunes Charts Ireland.
 In the last couple of years he supported acts like Damien Rice, Ben Howard and Van Morrison.

Before he went on stage to support Ed Sheeran we sat down in his dressing room at Porsche Arena in Stuttgart to chat about being on tour with Ed, sleepless nights on the tour bus, online media and a lot more.




Jamie Lawson online: Web/Tumblr | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube



Thank you for reading and watching!







Credits // Text, Photography & Video: Vanessa Jertschewske

2 comments:

  1. He seems to be a pretty modest and kind guy, not to mention his great artistic talent. Wonderful interview, my dear, you do have something very charming about you when asking your questions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie is absolutely fantastic! I've got another video coming up with him which will probably blow everyone away. :)
      Thank you so much, Nessi! What better compliment to hear than this?!
      As always, thanks for your support, it always makes me so happy. :) x

      Delete

Let me know what you think! :)