Song Of The Day: "My My My" by Of Moths and Stars



Hey guys!

A while ago, the very lovely Tom Slick interviewed me for Radio 92.6 The Blitz. (listen here)
He asked me what my favourite genre was - and that's a tough question.

I love many genres and I love them a lot.
But I guess my favourite is Rock.
For the last 9 years, a good rock song could always make me happy.

There's something about the energy, the riffs, the attitude that I just can't resist.

Today I've got a song for you, that falls exactly into that field and I can't wait to hear what you think!


Of Moths and Stars are a four piece rock band currently based in Madrid, Spain about to move to London, UK.

The band are:
Chris Dabbs (vocals, guitar)
Nate Wisniewski (guitar, vocals)
Fernando Astone (bass)
Pablo Serrano (drums)

Of Moths and Stars started when English Northerners Chris and Nate somehow made their way to Cambodia, then Hong Kong where they played multiple gigs and festival throughout their stay.

After another journey- this time to New Zealand - the two musicians ended up in Madrid with Fernando and Pablo, where they then started working on their album.

Said album is just waiting to be released and I'm sure a lot of music critics can't wait for it.
Of Moths and Stars received praise from many reviewers and radio hosts and they also won International Revelation Band of the Year at Pop-Eye Music Awards 2015 in Cáceres, Spain.

 I want to share their song "My My My" with you.

It starts with a howling electric guitar which soon bursts into a feisty riff.
The riff is supported by a lively bassline which underlines and highlights the energy of the song- and hell, there is a lot of energy.
The lead vocals are delivered in a confident and powerful manner, the backing vocals just throw more wood into the energy fire that is "My My My".

The drums tie it all together and control the calmer bits in the chorus, as well as the louder, more vivid parts of the instrumentals.

To sum this up for you; this track is amazing. It works from start to finish and show what a talented group of musicians Of Moths and Stars are. We dig it! 






Of Moths and Stars online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Soundcloud




Thank you for your visit!











Credits // Text: Vanessa Jertschewske | Image: Of Moths and Stars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)