Video Interview: Jack Garratt




Hey guys!

I've recently had a little period of time for myself which I spent reflecting on my work, planning things for my future work, etc.
The main thing I adore about running a website myself, is the fact that I get to work independently which means I can decide which artist I want to feature.

The fact that I also get to work with the acts I really want to work with, is very great.
Jack Garratt has been on my playlist for a good few months and I knew I had to have a chat with him at some point.
Just a couple of days ago, we made it happen.

Jack Garratt is a multi-instrumentalist and singer/songwriter based in London, UK.
The musician who grew up in Buckinghamshire, UK started making music, or "noises" as he calls it himself, at a very young age.

With a talent not too many people have, Jack manages to combine multiple genres and creates a sound which is mix of electronic beats, dirty e-guitar riffs, jazzy piano parts and a voice that's just a varying as the instrumentals; ranging from a warm, deep voice to a brilliant falsetto, to moments where nothing is raspier than Garratt's voice.

So far he released three EPs:
Remnants (2014)
Remnix (2014)
Synthesiac (2015)

And earlier this year, Jack Garratt celebrated the release of his debut record, "Phase".

His skills and sounds received the BBC Sound Of 2016 award, as well as the Critics Choice Award at the Brit Awards 2015.

Before he played his sold out show in Munich (review and photos will be online soon!), I had a little chat with the talented and super lovely musician.

We spoke about his gear, surprising yourself, his very beautiful song "My House Is Your Home", polaroid photography. We also played the "Song Title Challenge" which he nailed.

Enjoy!




Watch Jack do his magic in the video below:





Jack Garratt online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Soundcloud | YouTube | Instagram




With special thanks to Universal Germany for organising the interview and Jack Garratt for the lovely chat.




Thank you for your visit! 







Credits // Text, Image & Video: Vanessa Jertschewske

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)