7 songs: Savannah Outen



Hey guys!

Earlier this month we started a new series on house in the sand, called 7 songs.
It was created to celebrate the amount of emotions, which are caused by music.

We feel so many different emotions whilst listening to music, and I think that's one of the most magical things.

And that's exactly why we need to celebrate our emotions a lot more often.

In the first episode of this feature, I got to talk about my personal favourites - you can check it out here if you're interested.

Today we have the first guest to chat us through her songs and emotions - and I'm very excited for you to have a read.

I've known of Savannah's music for a few years and am very happy to have her share her seven songs with us.

Savannah Outen is a singer & songwriter from Portland, USA.

Her Pop sound is influenced by artists such as Céline Dion, Adele, Bruno Mars and many more.

Savannah started uploading covers and original songs to YouTube in 2007 and has reached over 118 million views by now. 

Her song "Goodbyes", released in 2008, was the highest rated song an unsigned artist has ever achieved on Radio Disney.

After her success, Savannah took a break to find her spot in the creative industry.
Her latest single "Coins" is her anthem of how she won't change to fit into a certain style.

The wonderful Savannah took some time to chat us through seven songs which cause seven different emotions.


Check it out! 
 
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

My name is Savannah Outen.

Music runs through my veins, literally plays 24/7 in my life and gets me through anything.
It makes us feel so many different emotions. And there's one language that everybody understands; music.

Here are my 7 favorite songs to fit my different moods and emotions.


1) a song which makes you dance

"Rock Your Body" by Justin Timberlake

There's no denying that JT is the man to make everyone dance. He's got dozens of songs that can get me running to the dance floor, but this one ALWAYS makes me move.


____________________________________________________________________________________________________

2) a song that calms you down

"The Heart Of Life" by John Mayer

Some of my favorite moments are when I come home from the studio, start cooking and blast John Mayer. He has this instant ability to calm me down.
This song in particular is so peaceful and shuts my brain off.
Whenever I'm having a hard time or bad day, I play it and like to think Mayer is singing to me.


____________________________________________________________________________________________________

3) a song with a deep meaning

"Firework" by Katy Perry

The music industry is a tough wolrd and it's hard to keep going and continue to be persistent. This song means so much to me. We all have a spark within us that can make us shine. One of my favorite and most relatable lyrics, "Maybe a reason why all the doors are closed, so you can open the one that leads you to the perfect road".


____________________________________________________________________________________________________

4) a song which makes you feel nostalgic

"For You" by Gavin James

I'll never forget the first time I heard this song... I was in my first apartment in LA, feeling lost, confused and homesick. It was 10pm and I went for a walk around my neighborhood for an hour with this song on repeat. It brought back SO many memories and I couldn't help but feel nostalgic.

"I wish time would slow down so I could keep your heart around. If I can't make you stay another day, I'll wait another days for you."


____________________________________________________________________________________________________

5) a song which has accompanied you for a while

"The Power Of Love" by Céline Dion

This song has been with me for years. Céline Dion is my idol. Her voice, her class, her attitude, her performance... She's my queen.
I remember when my mom introduced her to me and I immediately fell in love. She was more than just a singer, she was one of the greatest voices I'd ever heard.


____________________________________________________________________________________________________

6) a song from your favourite genre

"Guillotine" by Jon Bellion

I love big drums. I love great melodies. I love clever lyrics.

There are no words for the feelings this song gives me. I wanna dance, I feel SO inspired to write, I wanna sing at the top of my lungs. I've been rooting for Jon Bellion for years. It's so exciting to finally see him taking over the music scene. He's so smart, talented and knows exactly who he is.

This drop in this song gets me EVERY TIME. Literally, I scream "Oh, dang!" every single time. There's something so powerful about this production. You can't help but move and that's the best part.


____________________________________________________________________________________________________

7) a song by an artist / a band which has surprised you

"Tennesse Whiskey" by Chris Stapleton

I appreciate all kinds of music, but country was never really my thing. However, when I heard "Tennesse Whiskey", my whole body was in CHILLS. The soul, groove, story - everything is perfection and I'm so glad this song exists.


____________________________________________________________________________________________________

And those were Savannah's 7 songs - let us know what you think! 



Check out the lyric video for Savannah's recent single "Coins" below:




- buy "Coins" here -
- stream "Coins" here -




Savannah Outen online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram





Thank you for your visit! 












Credits // Words (intro): Vanessa Jertschewske | Words (main): Savannah Outen | Image: Sara Kiesling

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)