Spotify Playlist: Vanessa's picks // September 2017



Hey guys!

We have embraced 2017 and just created a Spotify account for house in the sand.
We're now where the cool kids are, whoop!

To celebrate our debut, I have accepted the challenging task of creating our first ever playlist.

It's a "personal picks" kind of list.
The playlist is filled with songs that I listen to, when I'm not reviewing anything for HITS.
I've realised that my personal music taste likes to have a mixture of new and exciting acts, as well as those acts I've loved for years - kind of like a safety blanket.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE discovering new music, but sometimes I just want to sing along to tunes I know well.

So, this list below makes me super happy.
It's playing whenever I get the chance to play it.

It starts off with "Rose-Colored Boy" by Paramore, which I have loved since I first heard it in May.
I've loved Paramore for a good seven or even eight years. This song makes difficulties sound so good and for that I love it. Rose-Colored Boy makes me dance, even when I'm feeling terrible. 

Wrabel's "The Village" is one of the most powerful, most emotional songs I think I've ever heard.
We have such outspoken and clever artists out there, who stand up for their beliefs and who stand up for humanity- and we need to celebrate them.

Amber Run aren't really a "insider tip" anymore, but I still feel like mentioning the acoustic version of "Fickle Game". I fell in love with the lyrics and think that this intimate setting showcases them in such brilliant way.

"Top To Toe" by Fenne Lily was one of those lucky discoveries I stumbled upon on Soundcloud.
I remember being completely hypnotized by Fenne's stunning voice and immediately hitting the replay button. Multiple times.

I don't really use the term "that's my jam" often, but it describes how I feel about "Knife Edge" by Martin Luke Brown. That beat and groove can get me moving so quickly. Martin is one of those exciting acts that keep on evolving and never fail to amaze.

Jon Bellion is one of many discoveries that have surprised me so much. There are so many details in "Guillotine", the first time I listened to it, it blew my mind.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: "Weathered" by Jack Garratt is one of my all time favourites and gets me emotional 99.9% of the time. I highly recommend you listen to that song and pay attention to the lyrics, as well as the backing vocals. Just thinking about this song makes me emotional.

Yes, I've added Taylor Swift's new track, "...Ready For It?". I like it. I think it's exciting to watch an artist try out new styles and I'm digging this one. You may throw your sticks and stones now.

"Darkness" by Oliver Daldry is one of those tracks I listen to at night, when I'm getting ready for bed. It calms me down without ever boring me. 

If I remember correctly, "Your Lips" was the first track I listened to when I found out about Josh Savage's music. And three (or four) years later, it's still one of my favourites of his - so of course, it's featured on this playlist.

"Burning Flame" by The Franklin Electric is my most recent discovery. I love it when a submission is exactly my cup of tea and I get to add a new band to my favourites. The more I listen to their music, the more songs I'm going to add.

"Gift" by Madeline Juno. A German song. Can you believe it? I can't.
I know most of you aren't German, but I just wanted to add this track, because I never listen to German songs. There's something about my own language that I don't enjoy in music, but Madeline has proven me wrong with this incredible track.


Maybe these teasers made you curious?
The full playlist is below and I'm pretty sure you'll find at least one track you'll love.



Have a listen:



I'd love to hear what you think, so feel free to drop me a comment or get in touch via one of the channels below. :)

If you enjoyed it and want to save it, you can follow the playlist on Spotify.



Follow house in the sand: Twitter | Facebook | Soundcloud | YouTube | Instagram

Follow Vanessa: Twitter | Instagram





Thank you for your visit!















Credits // Words & Image: Vanessa Jertschewske

2 comments:

  1. Saved the playlist to listen to later, but it looks AWESOME! Now I really want to make Spotify playlists of my favourite songs to share with the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thanks so much! I can't wait to hear what you think. And I would absolutely love to listen to your playlists! :)

      Delete

Let me know what you think! :)