7 songs: Fanny Andersen



Hey guys!

 I feel like I'm repeating myself, but I have so much fun working on the "7 songs" feature.

Whenever a new part of this feature is in the works, I get way to excited about listening to the songs our guests decide to pick.
I just think it's super interested to see how different tastes are and what different songs mean to different people. It's so cool.

I hope you guys are just as excited about this feature, so let's get to know our next guest!


Fanny Andersen is an upcoming singer/songwriter from Oslo, Norway.

She was meant to be on stage and started out at a young age, with no musical background but a lot of passion for performing.

In her music Fanny combines honest and open lyrics about topics such as mental health and sexuality, with catchy and sparkly Pop melodies.

Fanny's most recent single, "Not A Toy" was released on the new Norwegian label CoCo&Co. and is about a relationship that just doesn't work, because one person doesn't treat the other right."
Fanny empowers women and entertains everyone with her fabulous sound.


Check out the video for "Not A Toy" here:




Fanny Andersen online: Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram


Now that you've learned more about today's guest DJane, let's find out which songs Fanny has picked.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1) a song that makes you dance
"Hey Ya!" by OutKast

If you're at a party that's kinda lame and you need to get everyone LIT - this is the go to song.
You kinda have to dance when you hear it - and everyone knows it so you have to sing along as well. This is one of my all time favourites songs and I can never not dance if I hear it.


________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2) a song that calms you down
"Reincarnation" by Susanne Sundfør

This is the newest Susanne Sundfør single and I love it so much.
Something about the simple production, without all the noise and electric sounds, and her soft vocals, is just so calming. All of her music is really beautiful, but I immediately fell in love with this song when I first heard it.


________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3) a song with a deep meaning
"Youth" by Daughter

I think this song explains heartbreak perfectly.
And how you open your heart for the pain, that you know might be there when you fall in love. One lyric that really sticks with me is: "setting fire to our insides for fun", because that's what you do.


________________________________________________________________________________________________________

4) a song that makes you feel nostalgic
"Get UR Freak On" by Missy Elliott

My dad LOVED Missy Elliott, so I listened to her music a lot when I grew up.
We would always have her music on blast during long road trips and it was amazing. This was always my favourite Missy Elliott song. I have to throw in that my dad loved Missy Elliott and Frank Zappa - weirdest combination ever!!! So those two artists are kind of everything I listend to when I grew up.


________________________________________________________________________________________________________

5) a song which has accompanied you for a while
"Novacane" by Frank Ocean

I will never get tired of this song.
I've listened to it maybe every day since 2011 - and it's still as amazing as it was when I heard it for the first time. The same goes for his "Channel Orange" album - pure brilliance. His music is so ahead of his time always, so brave and groundbreaking.


________________________________________________________________________________________________________

6) a song from your favourite genre:
"Say My Name" by Tove Styrke

A PERFECT POP SONG!!!!!


________________________________________________________________________________________________________

7) a song by an artist / a band which has surprised you
"Love On The Brain" by Rihanna

I mean?!??! I don't think anyone expected her to suddenly drop a 50/60's inspired soul ballad.
What is also really cool, is that one of the producers of this song is Norwegian!! *proud Norwegian*


________________________________________________________________________________________________________


And that's it!

What did you think of Fanny's picks? Let us know!




Previous "7 songs" features: Saint Alto | Chris Stringer | Savannah Outen | Vanessa from HITS





Thank you for your visit!













Credits // Words (Intro & Outro): Vanessa Jertschewske | Image & Words (7 Songs): Fanny Andersen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! :)